13 Below's first step in a Project TakeOver situation is to have a 'high level overview'
discussion with client on what they believe the state of the project is in. Part
of this discussion will involve looking over any Deliverables documentation the
client may have. In addition, we will identify the technologies used and needed
to complete the project.
In this crucial first step, we let the client do the majority of the talking in
this initial discussion and want to get a good feel of the overall situation at
Free of Charge
The next step is to have one of our consultants do a complete and thorough Code
Review of the project. At this juncture, we take the following action steps:
- Gather all the source code files from the client.
- Our consultants will load what we can of the project in our environments.
- Search and review any code comments from the previous development company, if they
- If possible, we will run the project files and put a debugger on the source code,
stepping through it.
- We will cross reference our code review findings with the Deliverables documentation
and our previous discussions with the client.
- As a final step in the code review process, we will submit a complete analysis of
our findings and create an action plan to move forward. This may include an hourly
time estimate for completion.
The final step is to go over our analysis with the client and determine next steps.
In some instances, it may be more cost effective to do a complete re-write of the
Let us help!
Request our Project
Takeover services today